I came across this today, titled iMentor, an article by Michael Hyatt, who came across the slideshow on his RSS reader. I really tried to get the slideshow, but could only get the link to it. The lessons impressed me so much that I wanted to share them with others.
This is my own take on the slideshow which I now refer to as iWriter. The lessons are simple but profound and I believe they apply to my writing life.
- Follow your heart (and pen, just let go).
- Make a dent in the Universe (even if it’s your own universe).
- Think different (but tell a good story, any way you can).
- Sell dreams, not products (books are dreams)
- Make products for yourself (write because you love writing)
7. Keep it Simple (one true line…and then another).
8. Go for Excellence ( enough said).
9. Break the Rules (Junot Diaz did).
10. You only Live Once (see photo above & memorize).
Now, enjoy the slideshow. Thanks Steve Jobs and may you be well as long as you possibly can.